👻 Halloween offer: Buy 1 HeavyM license, get 5 scary video loops, for free.

Connecting video mapping lovers

Meet users, discuss and share your ideas!

Video Players slow on MacBook Pro

4 Answers, Last answer 20th October 2020 at 08 h 01 min

author picture
Hi All, Using: Trial version of HeavyM, MacBook Pro (mid 2014, 3Ghz Dual Core i7, 8GB, SSD) OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 Finding that video players are struggling to play at correct frame rate, even with a single video. Adding multiple players and everything drops to a couple of frames a second. Video clips typically MP4 H264 1920x1080. Projector / Screen also 1920x1080 Have I missed something or am I just being too optimistic :-? Thanks, Mark
Report 0 | 0
4 Comments
Sort by: Oldest Best
author picture
Admin Ambassador
Hi there, you are a bit optimistic for this version of HeavyM, you could try to lower the resolution in this case. We are currently working on this to improve the fluidity of the video players. Have a good day!
Report 0 | 0
author picture
Hi Romain, better video will be good .. I have worked on Avolites / Resolume on the same laptop with no issues.
Report 0 | 0
author picture
I have the same issue on y MAC. I can open all 7 videos in quicktime and they play fine. but in heavym ir is unusable. Mine is an older unit though. NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB Intel HD Graphics 288 MB 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
Report 0 | 0
author picture
This issues seems like it is still happening. I am using a MacBook Pro (2018, 2.9Ghz 6- Core i9, 16GB, SSD) macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and im doing something i think is very simple. Using the draw tool, i drew a simple 4 side shape (a wall of my house) and then imported a video, its a .mov file 350mb in size. The first time it played fine, but now doesn't play at all. very slow and choppy. I am using the trial version, but i would at least expect this simple operation to work. I was planning on using this to project custom videos onto my home for different holidays, Halloween, Christmas etc. but now, i dont know what to do :/
Report 0 | 0

You need to be connected with an account to create a topic. |Register

Back to topics

The HeavyM community is also on Facebook!

last active topics in the HeavyM forum

cherche expert heavyM pour presta 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Syphon input not showing 2 Months ago Need a merge option 7 Months ago Video Players slow on MacBook Pro 7 Months ago Projector set up question 7 Months ago