👻 Halloween offer: Buy 1 HeavyM license, get 5 scary video loops, for free.

Connecting video mapping lovers

Meet users, discuss and share your ideas!

Plugin for adobe Ilustrator

8 Answers, Last answer 4th June 2020 at 20 h 26 min

author picture

Hello!

I dont know if this is already possible, but would be awsome if had a plugin for adobe illustrator!
To import vectors in (.ai) exetensions files, like we do when wanna extrude a vector in to a polygon mesh in 3d programs...

I believe this would help a lot, when users create a draw shapes!

I love HeavyM!!!

Cya!

Report 1 | 0
8 Comments
Sort by: Oldest Best
author picture
Admin Ambassador

Hey Carpinetti,

Thanks for sharing ideas =)

We will think about it ;)

Have a good day!

Report 1 | 0
author picture

Also for AE! Syphon is free plugin!

Illustrator vectors... I always animated either stop-motion in PS and export as .gif or .mp4 or animate in AE (for, eg, parallax of still image for short advertisment video loop, vector animation, crazy techno visuals, etc...).

Desperately needed for live feed performance, where visuals can be altered on-the-fly and - also solves problem of live-feed camera input, as it is possible to set this up in AE:

https://library.creativecow.net/articles/onneweer_barend/magazine_live_video.php

If HeavyM could talk with AE - they would have a beautiful relationship.

To be able to interface with AE... Faire d'une pierre deux coups! 
Also solve greenscreen... cool.

Avoir de l'entrain, de la maille (ou avoir du travail par dessus la tete...) - appuyer sur le champignon - apres lui il faut tirer l'échelle!

Report 1 | 0
author picture

Oh, I see syphon/spout is available only for live version... 

I must remember to engage brain before opening mouth:)

Report 0 | 0
author picture

Yes, the chance to import vector based graphics into heavyM will be awesome. Would ease quickly the animation and composing inside HeavyM, also the posibility to can position the points of shaper for an accurate layout design

Report 0 | 0
author picture
Hi, I would like to know if It is possible to import vectors (.ai) or (.eps) extension files in the new HeavyM 2. Thanks Valentina
Report 0 | 0
author picture
Hello Valentina, this feature is not planned for HeavyM 2. But we would be interested to have more details on what you want to do with imported vectors. Thanks in advance
Report 0 | 0
author picture
A little Workaround: Why don't export the Ai Files as png and show it in Heavy M as Background and draw it again in Heavy M? After that export from Heavy M as png and import it in After Effects and trace it or do whatever you like. Ai Files are only supported in CC Apps, the common file type to share vector files is svg or eps. maybe its better to think about a svg importer / exporter for future plans, instead a AI plugin:-)
Report 0 | 0
author picture
@Teh_Saccade Why you wanna feed AE with Spout? AE is not a live composing Tool. There is a free Plugin called "Spout AE" from Benjamin Kuper. With this you can feed Heavy M with AE via Spout. There is the Link: https://github.com/benkuper/Spout-AfterEffects
Report 0 | 0

You need to be connected with an account to create a topic. |Register

Back to topics

The HeavyM community is also on Facebook!

last active topics in the HeavyM forum

cherche expert heavyM pour presta 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago Syphon input not showing 2 Months ago Need a merge option 7 Months ago Video Players slow on MacBook Pro 7 Months ago Projector set up question 7 Months ago